LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable Keyboard and Mouse

I am college student currently taking a labview class and struggling to finish my final project.  I am trying to write a VI that when run will disable the keyboard and mouse and while playing a sound.  Its the part about disabling the keyboard and mouse that's giving me problems.  I'm not quite experienced enough with labview to be able to figure this out.  I am using Labview 2010 on a Linux based system and writing the VI to work on a windows 7 system.  I found some registry keys that will supposedly do what I am looking for but I'm not sure how to use labview to write them.  I also found a couple windows programs that will work great to do what I want.  But then I have to worry about silently installing and running a program from labview (over my head as well).  I was hoping someone might be able to provide some insight.  Thanks in advance.   

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,042 Views)

@wilhja wrote:

I found some registry keys that will supposedly do what I am looking for but I'm not sure how to use labview to write them. 

Hello,

when you know the registry keys, have a look at the

Windows Registry Access VIs

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361E-01/glang/windows_registry_access_vi/

You can easily open and write the keys.

Best regards,

NWO

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,014 Views)