LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dinamically handle legend names using property nodes

Solved!
Go to solution

I must plot multiple temperature - time datasets on a XY Graph. Now plotting works perfectly fine, however when I try to stup the legend name using property nodes, it gives error if I use something like in the first image. It seems that "ActPlot" property can't acces values bigger as 1. Works perfectly fine only for two plots.

1.jpg

I have tried to use a for, as in fig. 2, it does not work. It crashes everytime ActPlot hits 2.

2.jpg

Suggestions or advices?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,242 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author o_ptr

Hey,

Please test the attached VI (saved in 8.2) to set the plot names, use it as a SubVI.

Btw, in your second picture you have connected 3 to the N terminal of the for-loop AND and autoindexed array with 3 elements.

Christian

Message 2 of 7
(5,239 Views)

Thank you! Your solution works!

Yeah, I see the error in the second image. Anyway, problem solved!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,230 Views)

@Christian_M wrote:

Hey,

Please test the attached VI (saved in 8.2) to set the plot names, use it as a SubVI.

Christian

Could you offer a hint that does not require LV?

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(5,222 Views)

xygraphlegend.jpg

Christian

Message 5 of 7
(5,219 Views)

Thanks!  I knew it HAD to be there somewhere!  I just couldn't find it in the properties.   Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,278 Views)

How does one access a graph reference? I'm trying to link your vi to my graph but can't seem to be able to figure out how.

Nevermind! figured it out!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,924 Views)