LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital trigger 1 AI ch while cont. reading others

While using eseries 6023 Daq board and VI to acquire data from ch 0 when dig. trig on pf10 at a rate of about every 5-10 min., the remaining ch's wait for the trig also. Must be something simple I am over looking.
Thanks for any help someone can provide.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,708 Views)
One of the solutions would be putting them in separate loop. One for CH0 acquisition and the rest in another.

Will this works? Please comment.

Regards
ian
Ian F
Since LabVIEW 5.1... 7.1.1... 2009, 2010, 2014
依恩与LabVIEW
LVVILIB.blogspot.com
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,708 Views)
Check your manual, PFI 10 may be an external timing line that affects all of your channels. Check your manual for details. Also, check the examples that ship with LabVIEW to look at the Digital Trigger examples to see if they can shed some light in the problem

If this doesn't show you the answers, post your code, and someone familiar with the hardware can take a look at it and see what might be going on.

Personally, I think you should look at the use of PFI 10. I don't have a manual for that board, so I don't know what that signal is, but I suspect it is probably the source of your problem.

-Michael Du'Lyea
Advanced Test Engineering
http://advancedtestengineering.com
Message 3 of 6
(2,708 Views)
Thanks for responses, Ian and guru. Actually guru, I am using Pfi0, not Pf 10. It is the default pin for dig trig.
Ian: I have them in separate loops, but it still waits.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,708 Views)
You may wanna call your local NI support for help re the Card that you are using for what you wanna do.

They should be of the greater, if not greatest, help.

Hope someone else manage help you on this.
Ian F
Since LabVIEW 5.1... 7.1.1... 2009, 2010, 2014
依恩与LabVIEW
LVVILIB.blogspot.com
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,708 Views)
Your problem is a limitation of the hardware. In order to acquire separate channels simultaneously with different start times would require multiple digital-to-analog converters (DACs), and multiple scan clocks. I believe this board scans all channels through a single DAC, and all the channels also share the same scan clock. Here are some ideas for alternative approaches:
1. Perform two separate acquisitions at separate times. In other words, perform the triggered acquisition, and when it completes then perform the acquisition of the other channels. This may or may not suit your needs.
2. Use two separate data acquisition boards.
3. Perform continuous acquisition on all your channels and then monitor the data in software for your "triggered" channel
value. This would only work if your triggered acquisition and other acquisition can occur at the same scan rate (or possibly where the scan rates share a least common multiple)

Regards,

Doug Norman
Message 6 of 6
(2,708 Views)