LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital output from USB 6008

Hi Guys,

I have a question regarding the NI USB 6008 DAQ. When it is connected to the USB, the outputs are pulled up to 5V. Is there any way to make the default to 0V. The 5V appear of the terminals when I measure then using a multimeter and this even when a program is not running on LabVIEW. Any help will not be appreciated.

ThankS!!!

VJ

I may not be perfect, but I'm all I got!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,264 Views)
Oops!! My bad... Any help WILL BE APPRECIATED.... i dunno why I put a Not there... 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,260 Views)

In MAX right click on the USB device and select properties..See whether there any power up states and if ues write a value of "0"

Guru

Regards
Guru (CLA)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,255 Views)
The 6008 does not support programmable power up states.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,233 Views)

@ Guru Thanks! Will check that out.

@Dennis, If it does not support any power up states, is there any way to make sure that the initial pull up to 5Vis negated and only when I require it programmatically, I could do it?

Thanks!

V

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,221 Views)
No programatic control means you cannot programatically change anything. As the manual states, on power up, the digital I/O is set to high impedance inputs. The pull-up resistor is internal. You could attach an external pull-down.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,214 Views)

Ok. So, I can put a pull down resistor say 1k or 4.7k whatever from the digital I/O to ground. Correct me if I am wrong here. That would correct the initial state when it is high at 5V and before the program starts. But, when in a program I intend to drive a circuit from the Digital O/P, would it be able to drive it then?

Thanks!

V

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,209 Views)

No, not if you intend to use them as outputs. In that case, you would want to use an external inverter connected to the pins.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,205 Views)

Yea! Just found that out on the website. THanks!

For others who may have similar questions, please follow this link for answers

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/B4FED0C879BD155F862569ED00142DC7

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,202 Views)