From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital input DAQ subroutine hangs LV

I'm having fun wrapping up a new application, but I'm having an irritating problem. My app spawns four VIs that monitor four DAQ cards continuously. One of these monitors five lines on a digital input port. When this VI runs, the top-level VI hangs. I have done some tests and found that if I don't spawn this monitoring VI in the top-level VI, but rather run it in parallel, it will still hang the top-level VI (no user input is possible, although the indicators being updated by the other three monitors are updated.

When I quit the errant VI, the top-level VI becomes responsive again.

I've tried stripping down this routine to the barest essentials, I've changed the DAQ task from a port read to a line read, I've tried a variety of acquisition types (continuous, single measurement). All give the same result.

Other details: the card in question is a 9421 DAQ chassis card running over Ethernet. The other cards are 9207 and 9208 AI cards and a 9215 AI card. The main user interaction I'm trying to achieve is a digital out on three DIO cards. LV2011.

I'm not sure how to debug this further. I'm afraid I don't have enough DAQ experience to have encountered this before, as most of my prior experience is in GPIB...

(2,039 Views)

Hi there, This is a thread that is suppose to be posted in the Multifunction DAQ board. Thanks

Alejandro C. | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,026 Views)

OK, I'll check there. But the DAQ board functions perfectly. It's LV that hangs up... so my feeling is it's a LV problem. In fact, the problem is the polymorphic mxDAQ Read function, since when I take that VI out, the hang goes away.... But let's see where this goes on the other board!

Thanks Smiley Frustrated

(2,020 Views)