LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital display associated with chart changes to %.2f

Under Labview 8.2.1, the formatting information associated with a chart display no longer sticks. When you run the program, it reverts to a %.2f format. In the older versions, you could set the format and it would remain during the life of the VI. In this version, I needed to change the width of the display, location of the digital display, and the legend. It seems during the operation of making the digital display visible and invisible, the format for the digital display changes.

Is this something new in Labview or you could never do it?

I have included an example of this problem in the library file. I f you run digital_display, you will see the behvior.appear. In the initial setup, the digital display is %.3e. You will see the format change, which change the display value from exponential to 0.00
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,595 Views)
Hi Joseph,

Are you concerned with the shift of chart frames when it runs? What about the phase, refinement or scale?

Juan Galindo
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,575 Views)
I am interested in two things, the shift in chart frames and the value of the data being displayed. In my example, the actual numbers is representative of the values. I like the ability to see the values,
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,560 Views)
I did not realize it was missing some additional VI. I have rolled them up in a library and made Overlya_Elnik-II the top level vi. This should show the problem a bit better. You will notice the top 2 digital display is scientific notation. When you run it, it will change to floating point display regardless.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,417 Views)
Duplicate thread.  Please refer to this one.  Thanks!

Message Edited by Pakman on 06-05-2008 01:01 PM
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,398 Views)