cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital and analog generation and acquisition using USB 6251

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

I have to actually synchronize a USB 6251 and USB 6366 board. I have a vi, which is attached herewith, right now I am able to use the 6366 as the Master and 6251 as the Slave. The master generates a digital trigger pulse( for synchronization of generation and acquisition of signals on both boards), an analog ramp signal, and acquires signals as well. The slave only acquires a set of signals upon trigger.

I want to have the 6251 as the Master and 6366 as the slave. The vi attached does the other way round as I have mentioned above. When I try to use the 6251 as the Master, I get an error asking me to specify the clock source( I made the Hardware and some changes in the program as well; like appropriately exporting the clock from 6251 to 6366).

Thank You

Sanju 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,789 Views)

Hi Sanju,

The issue here is the difference in capabilities of an X (6366) and M (6251) series board.  The M series cannot directly do a hardware timed digital operation.  You can, however, use an external source as the sample clock for a hardware timed digital operation.  One way to do this is to use an onboard counter on the M series to generate a continuous pulse train and use this as your clock source.  See below.

mSeriesDIO.png

Hope this helps clear things up.

Jon S

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,776 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author sanjeeev

Thanks for ur reply jonathon,

But in your code below, I coudnt get the PCI-6251/ctrl0 Internal Outpput.....

but I hardwaired the counter o/p ( PFI 12 )....and generated a counter signal on that port, i used that as the clock...

thanks

sanju

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,756 Views)

Sanju,

The reason you can't see the "Ctr0InternalOutput" is because you aren't including the advanced terminal.  To do this, right click on the constant and select "I/O Name Filtering".  Then check the "Include Advanced Terminals" box.  You should then be able to select this and no longer need to make an external connection.

Jon

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,721 Views)