cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital Outputs

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how to set all of my digital outputs on my DAQ to the off position until I assign a port and a line. Can anyone help me with this please?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(978 Views)

Your program cannot talk to the hardware until you assign the port/line.

Why are they on by default??? Was it from a previous run? Maybe you should do a proper shutdown procedure to ensure that all are off before the program ends.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(968 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Abby242

Depending on the model of the hardware, you can Setting and Reading the Power-Up States of Digital Output Lines.

-------------------------------------------------------
Control Lead | Intelline Inc
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(916 Views)

We definitely need to know more about your problem, because we can't really tell that you are talking about the power up state or some undefined state while the device was still powered up by your program did not terminate correctly or crashed in the previous run, or you aborted it instead of doing a proper shutdown.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(886 Views)

Can you please attach your code?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(882 Views)

@GRCK5000 wrote:

Can you please attach your code?

What for?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(877 Views)

Just trying to see if I can help. I would like my answer to be accepted as solution.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(874 Views)

I think I got it figured out.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(744 Views)

@Abby242 wrote:

I think I got it figured out.

Thanks!

When you know you have it figured out, it would be helpful if you posted your solution (and mark it as the solution) because I think this would be a big help for others who might be struggling with the same problem as well.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(724 Views)