LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different configuration in one window

Dear Sir,

I have to configure 4 emitter parameters in the single window. Based on emitter selection parameters are changed. Assume that I selected emitter 1 and I assigned some values as shown in the attached file. Like that I have to configure all 4 emitters with different values. After that if I select emitter 2 or emitter 4 those values should be shown in the corresponding controls. Means the control values are change based on emitter number. the window is common for all emitters.

Kindly let me know how to implement these types application.

Regards,

S Nagaraju

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,924 Views)

Hi Sonti,

store your emitter settings in an array (of cluster).

- When the user changes the emitter selection you just update the controls (using local variables) with the old values from your array.

- When the user changes some parameter values you store the changed value in your array.

- Best way to implement this is using an event structure…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,912 Views)

Dear GerdW,

Can you please share one example VI.

Regards,

Nagaraju

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,853 Views)

Hi Sonti,

create a cluster containing all settings for one emitter. Make this cluster a typedef…

Put that cluster in an array. Now you have a storage place for the setting parameters of all emitters.

Now all you need is a loop with an event structure: Use a enum/ring to select the emitter and the corresponding array element. Upon changing the emitter you store the current parameters in the previously selected emitter and put the parameters of the currently selected emitter in your controls…

All this is pretty basic LabVIEW stuff. You can learn this by going through all those FREE online resources offered by NI and by studying the example VIs coming with your LabVIEW installation!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,840 Views)

Thank you very much sir, I will implement and let you know.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,823 Views)