LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diff. Screen for different cases

I am trying to make user interface....At start I want to give user 3 different cases to select....according to case selection user should be directed to different screen...I mean each case should be having individual screen such that other parameters from different case can not be seen or modified for that case...how to do that in labview??
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(2,787 Views)
My first guess would be a call to a sub VI.

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(2,779 Views)
You can also use a tab control see example
Tim
GHSP
Message 3 of 16
(2,769 Views)

Thanks for reply...I will try the example...To add more I was thinking that....is this possible to divide single screen into 3 or 4 parts(or blocks) and having enable button for each part..so when user select that button that part change color(look active) and all other becomes gray or unusable(look inactive....)

is it possible??

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(2,763 Views)

MSD100 wrote:

Thanks for reply...I will try the example...To add more I was thinking that....is this possible to divide single screen into 3 or 4 parts(or blocks) and having enable button for each part..so when user select that button that part change color(look active) and all other becomes gray or unusable(look inactive....)

is it possible??

Iagree with using Tabs. 

To achieve the latter part of you last reply, there is nothing that prevents you from using more than one TAB control.  You can hide the page label display to improve cosmetics.  At the bottom, you can have a row of buttons outside the TAB control(s) to do whatever you please..

All is possible..  It's usually a matter  of time & money 😉  😄

Message 5 of 16
(2,756 Views)
Like this
Tim
GHSP
Message 6 of 16
(2,750 Views)

Ray.R wrote:

MSD100 wrote:

is it possible??

Iagree with using Tabs

To achieve the latter part of you last reply, there is nothing that prevents you from using more than one TAB control.  You can hide the page label display to improve cosmetics.  At the bottom, you can have a row of buttons outside the TAB control(s) to do whatever you please..

All is possible..  It's usually a matter  of time & money 😉  😄

Tabs are the simplest solution provided you can define at development time all of the possible screens. The difference in the amount of effort to use tabs vs the other techniques available is so large that it is often prudent to placve restriction on your design in order to use teh tab control.

So....

Check out the tab control and think about how you can adapt it to your needs.

If the tab falls short post back explaining why and if we still can't help, we'll offer other solutions*.

Ben

* The "other solutions" require additional work that ranges from tedious to mind-boggling. Smiley Tongue

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 7 of 16
(2,741 Views)

I was thinking about the mind-boggling solution, but how do you describe that in this forum to someone who has never done it that way.  And take less than 5 (or 10) minutes to fully explain it...???...

>>>  TABs <<<

Not as scalable, but it will do should the trick..  😉

Which one's the tedious?

Or is your tedious my mind boggling? 😮

Message Edited by Ray.R on 02-18-2010 01:23 PM
Message 8 of 16
(2,723 Views)

Tedious:

Hidden control positioned and shown (like we had to do before the Tab control was available)

Mind-bogling:

Render all uisng a picture control and write all supporting mouse-down/click code yourself (I have written this in LVOOP and should not have to ever re-write this again... unless...)

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 9 of 16
(2,717 Views)
I had a different mind-boggling solution..  A trick I did for a particular client... which I am not sure if I can describe in a public forum.  Let's just say it was Property Node intensive..  Not sure I would necessarily recommend it. 
Message 10 of 16
(2,704 Views)