From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did vi server originate before LabVIEW???

Some of you may have noticed Village Inn's new logo has a "vI" in it now, as this picture shows:

vi white.png

This made me realize that vi server originated in Denver in 1958 (according to Wikipedia). See this implementation of a non-LabVIEW vi server:

vi server.png

Smiley LOL

Message 1 of 4
(2,385 Views)

@zenthoef wrote:

Some of you may have noticed Village Inn's new logo has a "vI" in it now, as this picture shows:

This made me realize that vi server originated in Denver in 1958 (according to Wikipedia). See this implementation of a non-LabVIEW vi server:

Smiley LOL

My first choice for an Avatar on these forums was the waiter since I thought i could serve-up answers. My wife of course over-ruled and dictated the Teddy Bear.

So my original choice could have made me a VI server that originated in Munich in 1958.

Well it took me some time but I must have found my place after all.

"Do you want fries with that answer?"

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 2 of 4
(2,352 Views)

@Ben wrote:

Well it took me some time but I must have found my place after all.

"Do you want fries with that answer?"

Ben

Nice! Great minds think alike! Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,327 Views)

It wasn't until I saw this post that I realized it's lunch time.

I've been messing with my VI and browsing the forums so intently that I almost missed lunch.  This never would have happened to me two months ago.

Curses!

Message 4 of 4
(2,309 Views)