From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dialog for Adding a new C Series Module to a cRIO9053 Target (RT Project) not available

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello together,

I have an existing RT Project, which runs on my cRIO9053.

In order to add new functionalities to my project, i arranged a new NI9221 C Series Module and plugged it in.

According to the manual, i tried to add the new Module to my project by right-clicking "Real-Time Scan Ressources".

But there is no "Add" Option in the dialog.

When I try to rightclick my cRIO target, then select "New" --> "Targets and Devices", the attached dialog appears and says:

"You can have only one chassis per controller. There is already a chassis associated with this controller."

When i have a look inside NI Max, the new C Series Module is listed correctly and works fine. There is just no possibility to add the Module to my project.

Is my cRIO target somehow locked or what could be the issue here, so that adding a new module is not possible?

Thanks in advance for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(992 Views)

Hi Peet,

@Peet95 wrote:

Is my cRIO target somehow locked or what could be the issue here, so that adding a new module is not possible?

Unfortunately you forgot to attach the lvproj file as this one contains the definition of your whole project including all hardware/target information!

Usually you should have an option to search for new modules inside the chassis, that's how I used to add new modules to an existing project…

On your "RT control": the dt setting for the PID functions don't fit to the iteration time setting of the TimedWhileLoop…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(976 Views)

I somehow can't attach the project file.

Error Message: "The attachment's fischer dk-tool.lvproj content type (application/octet-stream) does not match its file extension and has been removed."

Will a dt of 0,001 fit the TimdWhileLoop? Sorry for asking!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(971 Views)

Hi Peet,

@Peet95 wrote:

I somehow can't attach the project file.

Error Message: "The attachment's fischer dk-tool.lvproj content type (application/octet-stream) does not match its file extension and has been removed."

Instead of attaching several individual files you can easily put the whole project folder (including the lvproj file and others) into a ZIP file. Then attach that single ZIP file…

@Peet95 wrote:

Will a dt of 0,001 fit the TimdWhileLoop? Sorry for asking!

When you set your TWL to iterate at 1ms intervals then you should set the dt input of the PID function to 0.001s…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(949 Views)

You can find the Zip Folder attached.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Peter

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(944 Views)

Hi Peter,

as easy as usual:

I just took a look at your PCMain VI:

• You really should cleanup here!
  • Never hide the labels of terminals in the blockdiagram!
  • Place buttons into their event cases.
  • Try to avoid "value" property nodes when the terminals are unused (!)
Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(940 Views)

Hi Gerd,

that is exactly my problem. The "Neu" Submenu doesn't appear in the dialog an my PC. The first option in my case is "Verteilen".

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(934 Views)

@Peet95 wrote:

Hi Gerd,

that is exactly my problem. The "Neu" Submenu doesn't appear in the dialog an my PC. The first option in my case is "Verteilen".

Then something with your CompactRIO driver software installation is hosed. I would do a repair/reinstall of the CompactRIO drivers.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(925 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Peet95

Good morning,

the Problem was the LabView Version itself. I had the 64 Bit Version installed. As soon as i installed the 32 Bit Version, all worked fine!

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(866 Views)