From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Devicenet error -107438895​7

Hello,

This is duplicate post here, I didnt see any response in Automotive & Embedded network board, hoping I will find something here.

First time I am working on DeviceNet. I have PCI8532 DeviceNet card, communication is between NI PCI 8532 and one of my client product.

I am unable to open the DeviceNet port to establish proper communication. I am getting the error code "1074388957" i.e The interface is invalid or unknown,

The device which I am trying to connect has MAC id =63 and baud of 125K. In MAX I can see Devicenet hardware.

I tried all the available inputs in the enumeration list from "dnet0 to dnet 31" no success.

Please let me know how can I troubleshoot this.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,194 Views)

Just asking the obvious...

Do you have a 24V DC power source connected to the card and the Client product?

Do you have the 120 Ohm terminating resistors connected on each end?

I used a different Devicenet card (NI-DNET) and the pinout of the Devicenet connector was rather confusing to my electricians - but I don't remember the details...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,183 Views)

Yes 24V power supply is connected between V+ and V- lines and termination resistor.

I have attached images of what I found in Dnetcfg.exe. More over I am not able to download the EDS file of the device which I want to communicate.

I dont see many posts on DeviceNet in here, request NI engineer to put some light on this, what am I missing ?

DeviceNet card PCI 8532 has 4 LED's I do not see any LED being set.MAX detects DeviceNet card and Self test is pass. So I assume card is proper.

Please help me out

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,175 Views)