From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device not running

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi guys,

Computer : windows XP

Device :  USB 6501

Problem : I have compiled and install my code as .exe in the computer. I open my code.exe and it is not executing command to turn on relays. However, when I go in NI MAX test panel for USB6501 and turn the output on, it works fine. It also works fine in my laptop (Windows 7). Am I missing something here ?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,972 Views)

Are you using VISA?

Is USB to serial driver in installed?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos are always welcome if you got solution to some extent.

I need my difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy my success.
--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,951 Views)

Ranjeet,

Why would you bring up VISA?  His screenshot shows he is working with an NI DAQ device, so he is using DAQmx.

Pokerprof,

I'd suggest attaching your VI so we can see how you are trying to use the DAQ device.  That may give us a clue as to what might be going wrong.  Do you have any error indicators in there to show if you are getting and DAQ errors?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,941 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author pokerprof

Hi guys, 

Problem solved. Thank you for your replies.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,918 Views)

It would be helpful if you also post how you solved the problem.

Partly for our own curiosity as to what the problem was, but also if anyone in the future with a similar problem searches and finds your message thread, your newly found knowledge might even help them.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,889 Views)

Hi Labview community,

I installed NImax 9.8, then I changed serial port from COM1 to COM5. Just realized that serial COM1 is always being reserved and we should not use that port.  

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,860 Views)