LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device PCI-6542can't be found with DAQ-assist

Solved!
Go to solution

I tried to manage a digital output with PCI-6542. I create a DAQ-assist, but no device is found (see left picture). Someone told me I should create a simulate device in NI-max(see middle picture). However, my card is not available in this menu(see right picture). How should I solve this problem and use this card?

Quest2.png

And another question, I don't know if I should ask here. I want to control the PCI-6542 with another software 'Cicero word generator'. But when I open the atticus (an app to set hardware),  an error window jumps out. Does anyone know about this?

QQ截图20211215115839.png

These two problems trouble me a lot. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(1,883 Views)

Your DAQ assistant seems to be an analog channel but your PCI-6542 is a digital waveform generator.

When you open your DAQ Assistent you need to select first: Generate Signals->Digital Output and then Line or Port Output or Acquire Signals->Digital Inputs and then Line or Port Input.

I have no idea what AtticusServer is.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(1,855 Views)

Actually I have done what you mentioned. This window jumps out immediately after I added the DAQ assist. But there is still no device found after I chose port input .

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(1,842 Views)

There is a Back button underneath. Try that!

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(1,828 Views)
Solution
Accepted by zhuodashi

PCI-6542 uses NI-HSDIO driver and NOT DAQmx and cannot use DAQ Assistant.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(1,808 Views)

Sorry to reply so late. This is exacly the point. Now I can work with this card.Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,753 Views)