LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Developing an application in LavVIEW that recognizes the NI USB-6008 chip.

Developing an application in LavVIEW that recognizes the NI USB-6008 chip.

Hello everyone,

I have developped an application in LavVIEW designed to aquire a series of data from the NI USB-6008 chip. The application is installed in a number of PCs, with each PC connected to a different NI USB-6008 chip. When the application is executed in the rest of the PCs the chip is no longer being recognized. The application needs be the same in all the PCs, so I need to know what steps need to be taken to make the application recognise the NI USB-6008 chip automatically.

Regards,

OKELILLA 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,439 Views)

Did you actually create an installer that included DAQmx?  You can't simply install the exe without the driver for your DAQ device.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,427 Views)

I am not sure if this is a problem with installation. But, I think he may be asking how to recognize the USB 6008 device. If you want to do that, look through the DAQmx property nodes to identify DAQmx devices (by name, serial number etc.) in your application:

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/5338

Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,420 Views)

Hi OKELILLA,

As it is said in Dennis' post, in order to recognize the USB-6008, all the PCs need NI DAQmx to be installed.

In case the driver is already installed, then it is common that MAX detecs the card once connected to the PC and gives it a different alias than the one in developmnet PC. It is a good idea to do the following if you want the same alias for the card:

1) Export MAX configuration in development PC to a txt file (File >> Export...)

2) Connect the different USB-6008 to each one of the destination PCs and wait for them to be detected by MAX

3) Import the previously saved MAX configuration (File >> Import...) in every PC and select the "Devx will be replaced" option.

As stated by Adnan, you can use the DAQmx Property nodes to read the channel names programmatically.

Hope it helps,

David Oña
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,384 Views)