From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Detecting analogue signal change?

I have a LDR monitoring an LED that comes on for 2 sec and off for 1sec. (see the attached waveform)

At the moment I can detect (via a comparator) if the peak has changed to detect if the LED is on.

However the tricky part is detecting if the pattern of the on/off period has changed, hence if the LED is on for 5sec and off 3sec, the change of rate should be detected.

So if the signal doesn't match the waveform (both x axis and y axis ) then the user must be alerted.

I'm lost on how to approach this issue

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

I'm using labview 2011 and DAQ 6009

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,349 Views)

Duplicate post.  Please keep it in 1 thread.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,346 Views)

If this is a periodic process, then there are couple of ways to go at it. One way is you store one cycle (2+1 = 3 Seconds) in an array and then every 3 seconds compare (Is equal or difference is zero) and if they are not equal add an alarm indicator. This however relies on the response being exactly the same everytime.

The other crude way of going at it is, if 2 sec data >0 and 1sec data=0 then you are good, otherwise indicate that cycle is broken.  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos are (always) welcome for the good post. 🙂
Message 3 of 4
(2,345 Views)

Thank you for the tip, as I’m new to lab view I’m not very knowledgeable in arrays, have you got an example where you can store cycles of a signal and compare.

I will much appreciate your help.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,319 Views)