From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Detect X-axis value from a mouse click in a chart

Hi!

I'ts the first time i'm posting a question in the NI forum, so i hope i'm doing it right.

I'm using labview 2012 and I'm Trying to create and store timestamps from a real-time Aquired Data. I have a chart that display the voltage aquired from a NI USB-6343 X series on the Y-axis with the Absolute Time on the X-axis. Then the user must click on the chart and display a option for creating a timestamp with the x value from the place that were clicked and a name to that instant. 

I'd apreciate any help.

Best Reagrds

Marcelo Nobre

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,915 Views)

Hi Marcelonobre. How are you?

So I found a documentation similar. See if its what you need.

How Do I Coordinate Cursor Movement on a Waveform Graph in LabVIEW?

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/191A70953A91663D862574F00057423D?OpenDocument

Regards.

Erick Yamamoto
Application Engineer
National Instruments Brazil

Visite a nossa comunidade em PORTUGUÊS!!!

Certified-LabVIEW-Associate-Dev Smiley face
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,893 Views)

Hi Erick.

Thanks for the fast reply!

Is there a way to do it on a Waveform Chart? Because i'm aquiring the data on real time and the Waveform Graph, as far as i know, doesn't support that. Is there a way to do it on a WaveformChart?

Best Reagards

Marcelo

Ps.: Vou ver o forum em portugues! 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,881 Views)

Hi Marcelo.

In the Waveform Chart is not possible. Because the cursor function only has in he Waveform Graph.

Regards.

Erick Yamamoto
Application Engineer
National Instruments Brazil

Visite a nossa comunidade em PORTUGUÊS!!!

Certified-LabVIEW-Associate-Dev Smiley face
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,871 Views)

Hi Marcelo,

you can use an event structure to detect a mouse click on the chart. Then you could use a method of the chart to calculate XY coordinates from mouse coordinates:

check.png

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 5 of 5
(2,868 Views)