LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Detect HIK VISION ip camera on NI MAX

I have an IP camera of HIK VISION. I want the camera view on LabVIEW, I connected the camera to my pc's ethernet port, I can login into the camera from browser,

The problem is that NI MAX can't detect it.

I know that NI only supports Basler and Axis cameras.

Is there any possible way I can connect my camera to LabVIEW?

PC Network info:

IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.130(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0

HIK VISION:

IP Address: 192.168.1.111

Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(1,622 Views)

@sarwatsarfaraz wrote:

I have an IP camera of HIK VISION. I want the camera view on LabVIEW, I connected the camera to my pc's ethernet port, I can login into the camera from browser,

I know that NI only supports Basler and Axis cameras.

Type "NI Industrial Camera Advisor" into a Web Browser.  The list is far larger than Balser and Axis (I didn't even see Axis on that list).  Before you buy a camera to use with NI Software, see if the Camera is compatible (ask the Company if they support LabVIEW).

Bob Schor

Message 2 of 7
(1,599 Views)

@sarwatsarfaraz wrote:

Is there any possible way I can connect my camera to LabVIEW?

Not easily. But someone did try that before here and got it fairly working. But it is only for people not faint at heart. Definitely not a plug and play experience, not even a plug and pray!

It's "only" 19 pages with 25 posts each, just for this single camera manufacturer using their SDK. Anybody still saying it is trivial to interface to cameras should go and get his standards calibrated! 🙂

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 3 of 7
(1,587 Views)

The problem is that NI MAX can't detect it.

Do you have NI IMAQdx installed?

Finding the Download for NI-IMAQ and NI-IMAQdx Drivers

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000001DbiPSAS&l=en-US

George Zou
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(1,575 Views)

Note that NI Vision require additional licenses (and fees).  Working with IMAQdx functions is one of the more difficult and complex set of functions and paradigms that I've encountered, with rather more "dimensions" to the data (not only 2D "spatial" data, but time-varying (so a third dimension) and, in many cases, "colored" (which adds at least one additional "dimension" to the mix).

So if you don't have a lot of experience with LabVIEW Vision, and have to wrestle with using a camera that does not work with the native LabVIEW Vision Drivers (IMAQdx for Cameras using the GenICam standards, IMAQ for cameras that use NI hardware to connect to the camera), you will face a lot of frustration (trust me, I spent many months trying to get a "not-quite-GenICom" camera to work with IMAQdx (oh, I do miss Axis and Basler) -- we ended up not using LabVIEW ...

Bob Schor

Message 5 of 7
(1,560 Views)

Actually NI-IMAQ only works for the old legacy boards that aren't sold anymore.

NI-IMAQdx works for Genicam cameras over USB3 and GigE and also the two Camera Link boards NI still sells. In addition it can also access Windows DirectX camera devices (usually webcams but pretty much any other camera with a DirectX compatible driver can be accessed too).

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(1,533 Views)

hi, i meet the same problem with you ,although i have installed the NI IMAQdx, have you solved this problem? hope for your reply,

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(1,217 Views)