From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Designing GUI control panel with lots of settings

I have a program with multiple setting (around 20-30) and a large data display on the right hand side.. I want the user to set the control before running the program. Once the control variable are set, the user doesn't need to change them again.The user might want to view the setting, but is unable to change the setting unless the program stops again.

Right no, I have a tab control on the left handside, and the data display on the right side. I gray out the tab once the program starts and it's just sitting there.

What I really want is maybe some type of pop up or something that just hides the control panel and bring the data display portion to full screen

Is there an example of something like this? Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,334 Views)

The VI can be running without collecting data (or otherwise appear to be running to the user).

While the VI is running, let the user set all the controls, then press a 'run' button.
This button can enter a loop that actually does whatever the VI is supposed to do.

^^ The above was did not answer your question, it was just a tip ^^

To answer your question :

There is a property (which I cant seem to find) that shows all of the VI's controls.

Create a 'visible' property, change to write, and set to 'F'.

Put this step right after the 'Run' step in your code. 

This should hide all the controls just after startup.

As for the second issue,

Is this 'display' a graph/chart?

You can just make a property node to set the size, position of the graph.
Just mess around with the values until it is the size and position you want.

Cory K
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,316 Views)

I played around with this a bit, and couldn't seem to find the property nodes that I wanted. So, I used an invoke node to fit the graph to full pane, then set it back to its original size with another property node. The problem is that this is causing the graph to be scaled to pane after being ran.

I'm looking for a better solution, but is this something that youre looking for?

I saved it back to 8.5, I didnt see what version you were using.

Chris Van Horn
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,307 Views)