From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design of SW to map arrays of xy dimensions

Solved!
Go to solution
Hi.<br>I am trying to build a SW for automatic measurement of sensors .<br>My sensors are on a 2"/4" wafer and differs in each wafer. I would like to design the SW to receive from user parameters and by that , control the motors to move the stage to the right position for measurement .<br>The distance between each adjacent sensors is the same in x and y . One of the problems is that the amount of sensors are not the same in each row. <br>Any suggestions for UI and implementation ?<br><br>Thanks<br>Sagi
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,348 Views)

I would create a new VI using the Standard State Machine template.  From there you can add cases to the case structure that include event structures to handle user changes of wafer position.  More cases can be added for different test scenarious.  If you are using stepper motors with a NI DAQ device I would control them with counter output tasks using DAQmx functions.  If you calibrate your stepper motors you can have the user enter a new xy position to trigger a counter output task to output a finite number of pulses to move the stepper motor to where you would like.

Brian

Brian G.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,333 Views)

Thanks Brian.

My problem is more regarding the flow of measurement,

I would like it to be automatic meaning, the user points on the first (Home) sensor, gives the distance to the next sensor and then, the program do the movement to each sensor .

The most problem is that I dont know what is the exact number of sensors in the outer region of the square I defined. In details, according to the attached 'map' num1 is Home. I know the distance in X and Y to the sensors in the orange sqare but I dont know how many sensors are out of this square. Any suggestions?

wafer.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,319 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author sagi4422

The only way I can think to do it would be to have two reference points.  One would have to be the either the exact center of the wafer, or where the edge of the wafer exactly crosses the x or y axis.  The other would be the x-y position of the outermost sensor on the wafer with R_max = sqrt(x_max^2+y_max^2).  From there create a 2d x-y array of sensors that lie within the larger 2R x 2R square that exactly encloses the entire wafer.  Use a nested for loop structure that includes every point within the larger 2R x 2R square.  Inside of the loops use a case structure check wether the sensor position is within the bounds R <= R_max, and only move to sensors that satisfy the condition.

Brian

Brian G.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,311 Views)