From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deployment using usb on sbrio 9604

Solved!
Go to solution

I've been trying to deploy my bitfile through USB (on board) but it says "device not connected". Is there any separate way to deploy the project through USB?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(2,718 Views)

Are you trying to download the bitfile to your project when connected to your computer via USB, or are you trying to use a USB to download the bitfile to it?

If you are just trying to avoid downloading through the project, you can do it through NI MAX: https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z0000019LGlSAM.

Brian.D
NI Product Owner
VeriStand
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(2,686 Views)

I'm trying to download the bitfile on sbRIO 9607. In  max it does show the device is connected and running but when I download the bitfile on sbRIO it says target not found.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(2,680 Views)

In NI MAX, under your sbRIO's devices and interfaces, do you see the FPGA target? What version of the LabVIEW FPGA Module do you have installed?

Brian.D
NI Product Owner
VeriStand
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(2,662 Views)

I'm using LV 2015 FPGA. 

I'm trying to communicate sbrio with the computer using USB cable instead of ethernet. But whenever I run the project it says 'device not found'. Please tell me how can I resolve this?

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(2,616 Views)

Can you include a screenshot of this error? Does this occur when you try to run a FPGA VI? Can you see the device in MAX?

Brian.D
NI Product Owner
VeriStand
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(2,602 Views)

It says that failed to connect to the target. 

Yes, whenever I try to run the FPGA it gives the error

In max, the device is connected, But the status is Inconsistent IP Setting, though I configure the static IP. 

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(2,593 Views)

You will need to fix the Network System State: https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000P6WdSAK.

Brian.D
NI Product Owner
VeriStand
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(2,577 Views)

Hello Brian! 

I came across new problem on sbRIO 9607. I have set my project to "set as startup" but there is one issue I've been facing... The project doesn't run until I connect the sbRIO with Ethernet cable. I've deployed the sbRIO as standalone and giving it the 12V from external power supply instead of its own adapter. Is it the issue of grounding?  Because whenever I connect it to the Ethernet cable (which is connected to the computer and getting proper grounding) it works fine. Please guide.

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(2,499 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Chishti

Since the deployment seems to have been successful, I recommend creating a new post so you will gain more visibility. A couple of thoughts on the current issue:

-Does your application rely on any network communication (NPSV's, network streams, etc...)

-If your application uses the FPGA, how are you targeting it? If you are targeting it via the IP address, it will rely on the network: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/BF25E56AD1A02C0786257E5E006EE5C2?OpenDocument.

Brian.D
NI Product Owner
VeriStand
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,493 Views)