LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deploying RT Program on sbRIO-9632 causes LabVIEW to crash

Hello,

I am developing an embedded system application using the sbRIO-9632. I am having a problem with the programs I write for the real-time processor. When I try to deploy any program, LabVIEW crashes without giving an error message or any sort of indication about what happened. This has happened consistently every time I try to deploy a program to the target; the deployment starts for about 5 seconds, and the progress bar begins to fill, and then LabVIEW crashes.

The program I am writing is extremely basic, just designed to get familiar with real-time programming and this board. I am attempting to write to a couple of network-published variables on the RT target and then read from the variables on the host to monitor execution.

Does anyone know what the problem is?

Thanks for the help.

Antonio

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,505 Views)

Hi Antonio,

A couple basic questions that may help us troubleshoot:

1.) What version of LabVIEW are you using?

2.) Are you able to deploy any code to the sbRIO? i.e. something even simpler than what you are already doing.

3.) Have you ever been able to deploy code to this particular sbRIO?

4.) Have you tried formatting and reinstalling the software?

5.) What other troubleshooting steps have you tried?

Aaron P

National Instruments

Applications Engineer

http://www.ni.com/support

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,486 Views)

Hi Aaron,

I am using LabVIEW 8.6. I have compiled programs to the FPGA target and run them successfully. The problem I am having has occurred exclusively when I attempt to run a program on the RT processor, and every time I try to run a program on the RT processor. I haven't tried anything with the software, though I tested the device in MAX and rebooted it. MAX consistently showed that the device was working properly, and the FPGA programs continued to work, but the same problem kept occurring with the RT programs.

Thank you for your reply. Hopefully this information helps you figure out the problem.

Antonio

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,462 Views)