LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dell Latitude 7202 will not connect to serial port, but meas&automation says it can

Labview 17 run program fine in complied version on windows 7 & 10 on laptops.

The Dell Latitude 7202, does not see the com port, but meas & automation does.

Using NI I/O trace shows the program does not connect to serial port. It asks for attributes but gets no reply.

Laptops complete handshake & transfers data back & forth

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,750 Views)

Would I be understanding correctly if I said that you have the same executable (exe) file on three computers and that it works on two, and you're wondering why not on the third?

To run a (LabVIEW) exe you need the runtime engine. Are you sure that it is installed correctly on each of the three computers? MAX typically is used in combination with the development environment (e.g. full LabVIEW, not necessarily only the runtime engine).

If you've installed the full version of LabVIEW on each computer they should all be fine but check your NI-VISA installations also (driver for visa communication, perhaps not included with the runtime engine and definitely an extra to the LabVIEW IDE, usually selected by a checkbox during installation.)

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,686 Views)

Magic 8-Ball time.

~~~Oh magic 8-Ball,  is the OP using a Si Labs hardware driver?~~~

Yes! Undoubtedly!  

The Serial Enumeration service is trying to install your Virtual COM port on a COM port reserved by the Dell Latitudes BIOS for Bluetooth.   Plug in the adapter to another usb port  until it wants to be COM4 or above. 

Better yet,  go get a usb to rs232 converter that uses the FTDI chipset and complain to Si labs about the problem driver.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,681 Views)