LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete array element without default runtime shortcut menus enabled.

The attached file includes a sub-vi (Dropdown Menu) with its wrapper code isolated from the rest of the program and used as the main vi (Dropdown Ring).

In the main vi, there is a control that is a 1-D array of doubles named Frequencies. This is also a user input on the main program's front panel. I want to disable the Allow default run-time shortcut menus option, but to still provide the user an intuitive way to delete elements from the array.

I've thought of having an array of buttons next to the Freq. control that has its size linked. Then pressing the relevant button (maybe that has an X on it) will delete the corresponding Freq. element. So far, my attempts at this have been remarkably unfruitful!

I'm uploading the vi's without my above attempts, so you can see the code that works. Is anyone able to provide a solution, or even just pointers/ideas to get me heading in a better direction?

There are a few 'extra' controls on the main vi's front panel, but these are mainly for debugging purposes.

Attachment: (LabVIEW 8.5)

• Dropdown Ring - Main VI
  • Dropdown Menu - Sub VI

Never say "Oops." Always say "Ah, interesting!"

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,226 Views)

Hi James,

you could create your own menu for the array control. You already use an Event structure, so it should be easy to handle the additional events...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,211 Views)