cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete Child Class from a Parent Class

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello All,

I'm confused where to find the option to remove a child class from its parents class.

I see that I can change it's Inheritance (as seen in the attached picture). However, I do not see the option to remove let's say the AOP.lvclass from the Tests.lvclass

Reading through previous threads, it seems like this task is very unclear. Though I hope there's a simple solution that I just overlooked.

Regards,

OJwithPulp

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,861 Views)

The parent has no clue about any of the children that inherit from it.  You have to make the change to the child class.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 9
(2,844 Views)
Solution
Accepted by OJwithPulp

@OJwithPulp wrote:

Hello All,

I'm confused where to find the option to remove a child class from its parents class.

I see that I can change it's Inheritance (as seen in the attached picture). However, I do not see the option to remove let's say the AOP.lvclass from the Tests.lvclass

Reading through previous threads, it seems like this task is very unclear. Though I hope there's a simple solution that I just overlooked.

Regards,

OJwithPulp

Try changing its inheritance to the LV generic class and save all.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 3 of 9
(2,841 Views)

Thank you to both " and

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,803 Views)

@OJwithPulp wrote:

You should not have had to change its inheritance in order to delete the class from the project.

GCentral
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,795 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

@OJwithPulp wrote:

You should not have had to change its inheritance in order to delete the class from the project.

Wasn't that changed in an early version of LVOOP?

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,792 Views)

@Ben wrote:

@crossrulz wrote:

@OJwithPulp wrote:

Wasn't that changed in an early version of LVOOP?

Ben

I don't know about the early days of LVOOP (it was a long time before I started to dive in).  But at least recently, I deleted a class from my project that did not use the LV Object as its direct ancestor.  If the parent actually cared, then I could see an issue.  But the parent has absolutely no clue who inherits from it.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,782 Views)

Well, this is what was happening to me before (see pictures). I would try and remove a class from the labview project and it wouldn't work in the sense that It can still be seen under the Test Parent Class.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,767 Views)
Solution
Accepted by OJwithPulp

@OJwithPulp wrote:

Well, this is what was happening to me before (see pictures). I would try and remove a class from the labview project and it wouldn't work in the sense that It can still be seen under the Test Parent Class.

It would still be there if it was still in memory due to a previous run of your software that used it.  If you closed the project and opened it back up, it should be gone.

GCentral
Message 9 of 9
(2,747 Views)