LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delay between Raw Data and Filtered Data in NI USB-6212

Hi LABVIEW Community,

Hope you are doing well. Recently, I have developed a multi-channel code(Code uploaded in the attachment) to get raw data and filter data from two different pressure sensors. However, with my code I am always having some delay(Graph added below) with the filtered data. Now, my question is how can I reduce this delay? Your suggestions will be really helpful to me.

Thank you.

Jarir_0-1646681728693.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(589 Views)

Delay is an inherent characteristic of inline filtering that can't be avoided.

Algorithms *do* exist for removing this delay when you apply filtering as a post-processing step (see for example the "Zero Phase Filter").   And you can try to play tricks for GUI graphing purposes by manipulating the t0 field of a filtered waveform.  But you can't filter in real time without inducing some delay.

Filters are characterized in the freq domain with a gain response and a phase response.  The phase response corresponds to delay.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(576 Views)