From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delay at Start/End of Cycle

Hello,

I would like a delay to execute (e.g. 'Wait (ms)' VI) at the end/start of each cycle of a while loop.

For example, I have a small While loop that runs for 200ms, and this is enclosed in another While loop that does processing on the data output from the inner loop. I want to outer loop to delay for 100ms at the end/start of each of its cycles.

How do I do this?

Thank you

MCU

Message Edited by MCU on 03-03-2009 07:24 PM
Message Edited by MCU on 03-03-2009 07:25 PM
Message Edited by MCU on 03-03-2009 07:26 PM
Message Edited by MCU on 03-03-2009 07:29 PM
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,513 Views)

Hi,

I would suggest that you use a time loop instead.  A time loop will allow you to set your start time of the loop, and you can use that to create a delay between each iteration of the loop.  Also, you can create a time delay function with error in and error out terminal, which would allow you to set a delay at the beginning of a loop by enforcing a data flow sequence.  The worst option would be to use a sequence structure, which you should avoid at all cost, since it defeats the very nature of LV. 

Yik

------------------------------------------------------------------

Kudos and Accepted as Solution are welcome!
Message 2 of 2
(2,505 Views)