From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Defining outputs for Unbundle By Name

How do I define the outputs for an Unbundle By Name object if the input cluster is not defined until it executes?  I have the output from a Unflatten From JSON object connected to the input of an Unbundle By Name object.  The JSON string is not defined until it executes.  If I temporarily create a cluster that defines the names and connect that to the Unbundle By Name, I can define the outputs, but as soon as I disconnect the cluster, the Unbundle By Name outputs change to type Void.  Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,125 Views)

You can't.

Clusters are defined at edit time.  There is no such thing as defining them during execution.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,114 Views)

Ok, I figured it out.  The Unflatten From JSON object has a type/defaults input where you connect a cluster just to define the names.  Then the names get passed to the Unbundle By Name.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,089 Views)

Yes.  That info is in the context help.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,046 Views)