LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Defer Panel Update property not working for multicolumn listbox

Hi,

i am using multicolumn listbox and i need to update or change the font size of the MC listbox. Using property node i done but its updating very slow. My MC listbox row48 and column 6.Each column and row active cell font size updating/change but its updating very slowly, one by one its updating the font size. It takes minimum 3seconds to complete. I tried with Defer Panel Update property eventhough the response is same.

Could you please give some suggestion to solve this issue.

Thanks,

Manoj     

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(1,991 Views)

Hi manoj,

mind to attach your VI?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(1,972 Views)

There is a simple method to update listbox,table,tree control font at the same time. First,click mouse and selected the control,then pressed two keypad(Ctrl + 0),it will display the setting font property GUI,it update the control all font setting.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(1,967 Views)

@weschen  ha scritto:

There is a simple method to update listbox,table,tree control font at the same time. First,click mouse and selected the control,then pressed two keypad(Ctrl + 0),it will display the setting font property GUI,it update the control all font setting.

He means updating at run-time, not at edit time.

I wrote a simple test: it's almost instantaneous.

Please upload your code, there must be something special about it.

Paolo
-------------------
LV 7.1, 2011, 2017, 2019, 2021
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(1,951 Views)

You can always hide it, do the change, and show it again.

It would probably depend on how much data is in the LB. So you could try to empty it, do the changes (with or without defer panel updates, and\or shown or hidden), and then populate it again.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(1,929 Views)

Check to see if the listbox Autosizing Row Height property is set.  In the past, I've found that turning it off can improve the update speed by an order of magnitude.  Presumably every font size change causes autosize to trigger.

Andy

Message 6 of 6
(1,916 Views)