LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default SubVI created in DAQMx for digital output

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a doubt regarding the SubVI generated while creating digital output lines from DAQ Asst (Image of the block diagram is attached). The subVI I am refering to is a data generating VI  which generated 0 and 1 state. Here I want DAQ to generate N sample at a given rate.

I did  understand the inner most "For loop" that generates a 2D array of 0 and 1.

What confuses me the most is the use of channels and digital lines separately. What I know is each digital line corresponds to one physical cahnnel. If I have N number of digital lines per channel, how to interpret.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,296 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author sharathnu

@sharathnu wrote:

What confuses me the most is the use of channels and digital lines separately. What I know is each digital line corresponds to one physical cahnnel. If I have N number of digital lines per channel, how to interpret.

A channel can also correspond to a Port.  Ports can be 8, 16, or 32 lines.  So you can have a channel of Dev1/port0 which would write to the entire port.  Or you can have a channel of Dev1/port0/line0, which would only write to line 0 of the port.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 5
(2,273 Views)

Thanks Knight. I also noticed that each line is assigned to a individual virtual channel and output of the inner most For Loop is a waveform from Line 0. The outer For Loops generates a 1 D array of waveforms.

How is it different from: creating virtual channel and giving a control at the "line" terminal so that the user can specify all the required lines in one virtual channel?

i.e. how does "one channel per each line" differs from "one channel for all line" . Which is better when generating a DO to control Port0/Line0-Port0/Line3

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,260 Views)

@sharathnu wrote:

Which is better when generating a DO to control Port0/Line0-Port0/Line3

If defining multiple lines in a channel, you can have the driver break it up into many channels or leave it.  I would use the 1 Channel Per Line and then you just write the boolean array to the task.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 4 of 5
(2,246 Views)

Thanks.

Does the same logic applies to analog create channel as well?

It also has a "physical channel" terminal wherein once can specify a single physical channel or a range of physical channels.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,243 Views)