From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debug runtime loaded dynamic dispatched VI in executable

Hello everyone,

i have a problem which i cannot wrap my head around and i hope someone can provide an answer. I was messing with the MGI solution explorer example (log data into HTML or CSV depending on loaded class) provided where there is a dynamic dispatched VI loaded from a class in a PPL file during runtime. My problem is the following: 

-I want to debug the different overrides of the d.d. VI

-If i open the VI in development env. without the child classes loaded into memory then as expected i can only open the VI of the parent class

-After loaded them into memory i can select which override i want to open (as expected)

The problem occurs if i decide that i want to debug the d.d. VIs from a debuggable exe which calls them:

-I build the exe as debuggable  and open a debug session and everything is working fine but even if i load the classes into memory i can not select the overrides for the d.d. VI.

I hope someone has experienced a similar problem and have a solution for it. (BTW i am using LV2015 and i am attaching the example provided by MGI)

Thank you in advance!

-Imre

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(2,183 Views)