LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dear experts.I want to know how to make XO game versuses undefeatable program using labview "extra free Kudos" for all.

JupiterSolarsystem wrote:

[...] That is a challenge to the masters.

I thought that was the challenge (from your professor) to you... 😉

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 37
(1,616 Views)

As I have implied earlier .No one is my professor nor my master.

I work

alone..
extinct when hell froze over
Message 12 of 37
(1,602 Views)

JupiterSolarsystem wrote:

As I have implied earlier [...] 

I missed that.

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 37
(1,563 Views)
And where exactly did you state this. Certainly not in this post. Given the number of posts all hitting the site this week regarding tic-tac-toe games this week I would be surprised that your request isn't for a homework assignment.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 37
(1,557 Views)

Is Radas a classmate?  Or another version of you?  Why else would someone login in for the first time at 11-23-2009 05:37 PM and give you a random Kudo on an oddball reply such as your reply #12?

(And way off topic they post their first ever message and ask for an upgrade to a LV 5.1 driver)

Message 15 of 37
(1,551 Views)

Free Kudos for anyone who is able to solve this problem.

BRIBERY!!!!!!!!!Smiley SurprisedSmiley SurprisedSmiley Surprised

Somil Gautam
Think Weird
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 37
(1,541 Views)

FREE KUDOS???

Truly?

ooo!  ooo!  ooo!

Never mind.

Why not give it a try by yourself first?

Message Edited by DianeS on 11-23-2009 11:44 PM
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 37
(1,530 Views)

Lets turn this question around...

How could we go about tricking cheaters into learning LabVIEW?

First thoughts:

1) We write a version of the tic-tac-toe game that always attempts to loose. let them figure out how to flip the algorithm.

2) We write an exe version then only post a non-functional version with notes on hwo to fix.

If you have any ideas please post them up. Perhaps we can turn this to our advantage.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 18 of 37
(1,491 Views)

I think this is actually quite a nice problem to summarize that you actually know what was taught in class during the course.

It has everything, from UI, controls, indicators, UI mechanics, algorithm, etc. I would think this is not homework after the first hour of class, but maybe something towards the end of the course. This thread has quieted down quite a bit, so maybe everybody is busy writing code. 🙂

Unfortunately, I don't have the time, but it would be a nice example to rewrite my old 4x4 program as 3x3 and include the code to generate the lookup table (similar to tablebases in chess), which is trivial for 3x3. This would make a program that plays perfectly.

We could provide it as an executable so they can test the skill of their program by letting it play against it. Maybe same time next year? 😉

Message 19 of 37
(1,463 Views)

jcarmody wrote:
If I had a nickel for every time I considered registering www.labviewhomework.com I'd have a pretty good handful of nickels.  I'd spend the $15 and put up a phony website if I had a better sense of humor. :P

But honestly perhaps it is an idea to have "homework help" group Like they have here http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/  

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 37
(1,451 Views)