LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date format in Microsoft Data Access

In the Data Access table one of the columns is a date format column. In some records I do not want enter date into date format cell. If I am not entering data into the date format cell, then when I am reading the cell content I get 30.12.1899--00:00:00 date.
What I have to insert into date format cell so that no date will be received during the cell reading?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,451 Views)
I am not going to be able to give you a complete answer but I may be able to get yous started.

I beleive you are seeing the Access zero date because the field is null.

In the SQL query you should include "ignore null" or something similar. I am not an SQL guru so that is as far as I can go.

Ben
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,451 Views)
You may want to look into the database configuration to see if it is possible to save the date as a string that would allow you to set a "no-date" tag.

There is also the option to move to a string field and save the data manually. Also allowing you to define your own special tags for date.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Juan Carlos
N.I.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,451 Views)