From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date format in Microsoft Data Access

In the Data Access table one of the columns is a date format column. In some records I do not want enter date into date format cell. If I am not entering data into the date format cell, then when I am reading the cell content I get 30.12.1899--00:00:00 date.
What I have to insert into date format cell so that no date will be received during the cell reading?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,452 Views)
I am not going to be able to give you a complete answer but I may be able to get yous started.

I beleive you are seeing the Access zero date because the field is null.

In the SQL query you should include "ignore null" or something similar. I am not an SQL guru so that is as far as I can go.

Ben
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,452 Views)
You may want to look into the database configuration to see if it is possible to save the date as a string that would allow you to set a "no-date" tag.

There is also the option to move to a string field and save the data manually. Also allowing you to define your own special tags for date.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Juan Carlos
N.I.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,452 Views)