From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Datasocket connection loss to certain tags

Hello all,

I've recently installed the patch LabVIEW 7.1.1, and I'm finding that 3 of my datasocketed connections using lookout protocol are having connection issues. 

1.  The datasocketed controls are on the faceplate of a subVI, and only the 3 controls that have their indicating LED blink between green and transparent.

2.  The datasocket connections, using lookout, to tags created on a RT compact fieldpoint controller, and interfaced through the tag engine.

3.  All other datasocketed connections appear to be running without a problem.

4.  When this subVI is ran independent of the main VI, then all datasockets operate without a problem.  The problem only arises when the subVI is ran embedded within the main.

Any ideas on what could be causing this problem would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks again everybody!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,931 Views)

Hello,

LabVIEW 7.1.1 is no longer officially supported but I will do my best to assist you. Would you mind describing why you are using DataSockets, posting a snippet of your code and perhaps more information about what you are trying to achieve with your application? Based upon the information I have read so far, shared variable nodes would probably be better suited for you application but I will have to verify if they existed in 7.1.1.

Regards,

Patricia B.

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,918 Views)

Patricia,

Shared variables were introduced with LV 8.0.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,915 Views)