LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Datasocket bug list?

Does there exist a current bug list for the latest version of datasocket (DSS build 377 & LV6.0.2)?
Is it posted anyplace?

From my own experience and reading the comments in the discussion forums, it appears that the datasocket functionality has some known bugs (like any piece of software). For example, reconnecting to DSS server problems (error 42), long term connection drops, OS imcompatibilities, DSS crashes, etc.
I'm sure that the NI programmers have such a list, publishing it would be very helpful for debugging
our own apps (ie. is this my problem or a known fault of LV).

I'm trying to evaluate whether its worthwhile continuing development of a critical app with datasockets or give up and assume this version is
too buggy.

Th
anks!

-------------------------------------
Details:
I'm trying to set up something relatively simple:
win98 PC gathers live data (from custom hardware) and broadcasts it to other PCs running win2k. I'd like to send a packet of data at least every 500ms. I'd like this to work for hours at a time (days would be better). Seems simple, but it appears DSS is far from robust. Does anyone trust it?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,405 Views)
We do keep a list of errors so that R&D know what is broken with our products. If you have specific questions or concerns with datasocket, you can ask tech support at www.ni.com/ask. If your data is critical then you should not use datasocket anyway--TCP would be better. Datasocket works by the writer posting information to the datasocket server and the readers polling the server to the information. Thus you can lose data if the readers do not read often enough. Datasocket works best as a way of transmitting condition data. (what is the present condition of the boolean/VI/etc)
I do not know of an external site listing bugs for NI products.

Jeremy Braden
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,405 Views)