LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Datamatrix encoder for LV-Realtime

Hi Everybody

I am working on a printer project to generate and print from a NI FPGA board.

I am trying to install a Datamatrix Barcode generator (ECC200) on my sbRio9606. (not on the FPGA byself but on the LV Realtime).

I installed the LV Vision, but there is only a VI for reading Datamatrix, not for making one.

I also tried to find third party software (DLLs like "Bytescout"), they are working on my Desktop PC (LV2011) but when I run this on the DLL Checker for Realtime, all are failing this far.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/0BF52E6FAC0BF9C286256EDB00015230

Do somebody have any VI's that might help me to generate a basic Datamatrix code?.

Or do somebody have knowledge of DLLs (third party?) that might work on the LV Realtime for the sbRIO 9606?

Thanks

JP

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,438 Views)

I have the same problem of generate datamatrix barcode, do you solve the problem,can you share you experience?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,735 Views)

The sbRIO-9606 was a PowerPC based device and as such does use the VxWorks OS. It could never execute Windows DLLs but requires its own shared library format, where the compiled shared library has the .out extension.

As the sbRIO-9606 is not currently sold by NI anymore I would assume that you use a different target and if it is one of the currently shipping targets it is most likely an NI Linux RT based one. These do also not work with Windows DLLs at all but use a Linux ELF shared library format. Extra complication is that NI Linux RT really comes in two very different flavors. One uses the ARM CPU architecture contained in the Xilinx XC7000 series FPGA chips and the other uses an Intel x64 compatible CPU. Both use the ELF binary format but need a shared library compiled specifically for the correct CPU architecture.

You can check here which OS and CPU architecture your realtime target is using. If it is not Pharlap ETS (to be discontinued by NI during this year), Windows DLLs can absolutely not be executed on them.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,724 Views)