From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database does not work build after VI was built

Solved!
Go to solution

I would like to create exe file running on my machines with LabView and other toolkits installed. The problem is after I built the application, it runs perfectly except function related to database (insert data, view data) although I included the database in the install direction where the exe file located as well as in the data location.  What is possible problem and how can I fix it?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,684 Views)

Are you getting a specific error when you try to run your executable or can it just not find the necessary files to run this?

Also, what version of LabVIEW are you using?

Regards,
Austin S.

National Instruments
Academic Field Engineer
Message 2 of 6
(2,657 Views)

First of all. I have no experience with Database Toolkit.

Nevertheless, I had a similar experience while using a different LabView Toolkit. The idea was that in the Build Options I had to add some Toolkit VIs. In Build Options -> Source Files there are on the right two lists where VIs can be added:

1. VIs that are ran when the application starts, and

2. VIs that are always included. 

In the second list (VIs always included) I had to add some VIs from the Toolkit.

Give it a try....

Message 3 of 6
(2,654 Views)

Is the executable running on the same PC as used for development?

Message 4 of 6
(2,648 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author RVL2010

Thank you very much for all responses.

I got it worked using a small trick instead of relative direction in install direction '\database\data.mdb, I use absoluate direction C:\MySoftware\DatabaseFile\data.mdb.

Message 5 of 6
(2,632 Views)

You have to be careful if you create an executable or installer to have the files located in the same directory structure.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,627 Views)