From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database Query Error -2147467259 ADO Error: 0x80004005

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello sir,

The same problem rised for me but its quite different from your explanation... 

please clarify my doubt and attached the snapshot of error...

thanking you

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 24
(1,426 Views)
Solution
Accepted by mikeporter

The error number is a pretty generic Microsoft COM Error number. However the description in the text makes me believe that you got a mixup about 32 bit and 64 bit ADO/ODBC drivers.

If you run on a 64 bit system, you have two different ODBC managers. One in C:\Windows\System32 which is 64 bit and the other in C:\Windows\SysWOW64 which is 32 bit.

Most likely you have installed LabVIEW 32 bit and in order to configure DSNs for a 32 bit application you need to run the ODBC Administrator in SysWOW32 but if you select the ODBC Administration tool from the control panel you always start up the 64 bit version from System32.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 24
(1,418 Views)

Rereading my reply I saw a typo:

Most likely you have installed LabVIEW 32 bit and in order to configure DSNs for a 32 bit application you need to run the ODBC Administrator in SysWOW64 but if you select the ODBC Administration tool from the control panel you always start up the 64 bit version from System32.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 24
(1,389 Views)

thank you so much sir...

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 24
(1,365 Views)