From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database Query Error -2147467259 ADO Error: 0x80004005

Solved!
Go to solution

Can you post a sample screen capture with the schema attached?

Glad to answer questions. Thanks for any KUDOS or marked solutions 😉
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 24
(2,420 Views)

I don't know what a database schema is.  Google helped a bit but still am unsure what you are asking.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 24
(2,406 Views)

Sorry about that.

@rolfk

Can you post an example with the database schema attached.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 24
(2,400 Views)

This might help you and others on what not to use: Access 2007 Reserved Words

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 24
(2,383 Views)

@PatrickLye wrote:

Sorry about that.

@rolfk

Can you post an example with the database schema attached.

Despite the name that could make you expect something else, a schema in database talk is not a graphical drawing of any kind but simply an object container that usually contains tables and stored procedures. There is usually a default schema such as "dbo" for MS SQL Server. A fully qualified column name therefore is specified as {<schema name>].[<table name>].[<column name>]  While many (semi-)professional databases don't use any other than the default schema and in that case it is really redundant to specify, for larger databases use of multiple schemas within a database is very common and then it gets important to specify the schema name too to disambiguate the names. There could be a table "Customer" with column "First Name" and otheres in a schema called "Sales" and another schema called "Support". 

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 15 of 24
(2,372 Views)

Yes I understand schema. All of mine in SQL server, so far, use dbo. I was just wondering about the SQL string you're using including the schema. I'll play with this a bit.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 24
(2,366 Views)

@PatrickLye wrote:

Yes I understand schema. All of mine in SQL server, so far, use dbo. I was just wondering about the SQL string you're using including the schema. I'll play with this a bit.

Thanks

I see, I misunderstood your use of attached. :-). Because the schema name is prepended I thought you expected some attachment to the post with a drawing or something like that.

The complete identifier would for instance look like this:

[dbo].[Customer].[First Name]

Strictly speaking only

Customer.[First Name]

is required but bracketing every identifier isn't that much more work and saves me the worry about if the square brackets are necessary or not.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 24
(2,355 Views)

ADO Erro.jpg

Hi all,

I have the same error. But it only happens when I run two test consoles at the same time. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Jun

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 24
(2,176 Views)

@laeagle8 wrote:

it only happens when I run two test consoles at the same time. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

How about don't run two consoles?  Lots more information is going to be needed to get much help.  Look at my first post.  I include complete source code, showing examples of where it worked, and where it didn't, I mentioned what things I tried, and what things I searched for previously, along with details about my database size.  You gave very little information, so you will get very little help.  Since it doesn't sound like the two issues are related I'd suggest making a new thread where you provide this information.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 24
(2,157 Views)
The error message is very clear. There is a deadlock condition the can't clear on its own. If you only have one process active and interacting with the DB, you obviously can't have a deadlock. A deadlock is when two processes mutually block each other from completing. For example A can't finish until B is done, but B can't finish until A is done.

Why the deadlock? Well it could be due to the way you LabVIEW application is written, or it could be the way the database is structured, or it could be some other code running in the database (stored procedure, trigger, etc), or it could be some other reason -- which brings us back to Brian's suggestions.

1. Start a new thread
2. Provide details

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 24
(2,140 Views)