LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database Errors after switching to MS SQL Express Database

Crosspost from lavage.org:

Hello, I'm having a fair bit of difficulty tracking down these errors that I'm getting. I'm not sure exactly what to provide to get the best help here, so I'll post the errors and start prepping some code snippets if they are needed.

I recently migrated from an Access database to an SQL database, my code has a number of read/writes on the same connection (i.e. I open the connection at the beginning of the software with multiple parallel loops, and utilize that connection, sometimes in parallel loops, without closing it until the end). I'm running into errors with a few of the simple recordset and properties functions as follows:

-1/18/2012 4:13:10 PM------------------1,-2147217906,NI_Database_API.lvlib:Rec Move To Next Record ®.vi:2->Tag_Data to Cluster.vi:1->Device Table DB - Return Router EUIs and Positions.vi->LE - Package v4 for Learning Factory (no RYG) (SQL).vi->BuzNet TopLevel 4.2.3.vi<ERR>ADO Error: 0x80040E0EException occured in Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers: [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0]Invalid bookmark value in NI_Database_API.lvlib:Rec Move To Next Record ®.vi:2->Tag_Data to Cluster.vi:1->Device Table DB - Return Router EUIs and Positions.vi->LE - Package v4 for Learning Factory (no RYG) (SQL).vi->BuzNet TopLevel 4.2.3.vi

-1/18/2012 4:15:43 PM------------------1,-2147352567,NI_Database_API.lvlib:Rec Get Recordset Properties ®.vi:2->NI_Database_API.lvlib:DB Tools List Columns.vi:2->Device Table DB - Return Device Data for EUI.vi->LE & Device Table DB - Log Location Calculation (SQL).vi->LE - Package v4 for Learning Factory (no RYG) (SQL).vi->BuzNet TopLevel 4.2.3.vi<ERR>ADO Error: 0x80020009Property Node (arg 2) in NI_Database_API.lvlib:Rec Get Recordset Properties ®.vi:2->NI_Database_API.lvlib:DB Tools List Columns.vi:2->Device Table DB - Return Device Data for EUI.vi->LE & Device Table DB - Log Location Calculation (SQL).vi->LE - Package v4 for Learning Factory (no RYG) (SQL).vi->BuzNet TopLevel 4.2.3.vi

These errors occur at random intervals, though it seems that the first one (-2147217906) happens much more frequently. I've been swatting these two bugs (i.e. suppressing and logging) and ultimately was faced with a third error:

1,1,"NI_Database_API.lvlib:Rec Delete.vi"<ERR>Object 0x000000 is not valid.

--that ultimately killed the program.

I think it might be something with synchronous selects/writes but it's very hard to tell given the data I have...

Can anyone help me with a next step?

Thanks!
Erik 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,694 Views)

The LAVA thread is here - http://lavag.org/topic/15395-database-errors-after-switching-to-ms-sql-express-database

(2,683 Views)