From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data not showing up in Spreadsheet

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am attempting to acquire three signals into a single spreadsheet file. Two signals are acquired with the NI USB DAQ6001 and the other signal is acquried from a multimeter through a GPIB.

Whenever I save the tdms file, only one set of signals will save. I will either have all the resistance measurements and only the final measurements of the DAQ signals OR all of the DAQ signals and the final measurement of the resistance. I included a picture of the block diagram and front panel.

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,044 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author kl3158
When you pass the evil dynamic data out of the while loop, you are only passing the very last result. I would suggest you convert the data to something real so that the auto-indexing will work the same way you are doing the meter.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,038 Views)

Hi kl,

I will … have all the resistance measurements and only the final measurements of the DAQ

Yes, that's how you programmed it…

Lesson learned: don't mix "good" datatypes (like DBL or array of DBL) with "bad" ones (like DDT = DynamicDataType)!

Lesson learned: don't mix autoindexing tunnels with non-autoinding ones!

(Possible) solution: do the saving in the loop.

Better solution: stay away from DDT… 😄

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,034 Views)

Sorry- I am very new to LabVIEW.

How do I convert the dynamic data to something real?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,995 Views)
That depends on what you want in the file. There are several Convert From ... functions. You can convert to DBL array, 2D array, waveform array, etc. Only the conversion to waveform data type will retain the timing information.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,979 Views)

I did convert to a DBL array and got it to work! Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,941 Views)