LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data loss on multiple analog input(thermometer)

Hi guys i've been working on a thermal box which contains three AI ( peltier current/voltage and a thermometer). I read some of information about how to set up multiple AI with the same characteristics. However , during the execution ,acquisition is lost mainly when case structure moves. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,279 Views)

What do you mean by "case structure moves"?  When the VI runs, the block diagram doesn't rearrange itself.

Let me give you a tip to assist you in cleaning up your block diagram  Index Array is RESIZABLE!.  Instead of using 3 index arrays to get elements 0, 1, and 2, drag the bottom border downwards and you get multiple outputs.  You don't even need to wire in the indices as it will automatically give you 0, 1, and 2.

Instead of using the local variables, take a wire from the terminal.  (looking at Setpoint and Temperature)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,267 Views)

Thanks for answering ! 

People recomended to avoid using local variables arguing "race conditions" . What's this?

i've tried what u mentioned before but i can't test it right now. 

what i meant by "case structure moves" was about the cases in case structure ( inicio --- Defrost --- controle ---- controle35). Process variable becomes zero/too high out of blue 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,235 Views)

Google it.  Search the forums.

It's been discussed so much, I'm not going to explain it in detail again.  The basic idea is that with local variables, you have no control over when a variable is read versus when the terminal gets its value.  It can be a "race" as to which happens first.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,221 Views)