LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data logging/monitoring from multiple remote site

Hello LabVIEW Masters!

Good Day to all of you!

I just want to ask for a piece of advise. I need to do data logging and monitoring from multiple (100+) remote sites. From the remote site, there will be a data logger and a GSM modem that will send a measurement update from certain interval. And from a base station,  I will have a main progam that receives through another GSM modem, collects the data for monitoring and disk logging.

I'm thinking of using a Producer-Consumer architecture and I've done that before. However, I had use it before, but the incoming data is from 2 sites only. I done it by having 2 loops, which polls data from each site. But for this application, data will be streaming from 100+ sites. If I use this method, then I have to implement 100+ polling loops also?

Will it make the Main program slow?

Is there a more efficient way to do this?

Please help.. I gladly appreciate any knowledge imparted to me. More Power!! Smiley Embarassed Smiley Happy

Thanks and Regards,

Dennis

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,134 Views)

It really depends how you build up the server part. If you are going to use TCP/IP you can take a look at the examples, namely

examples\viserver\runvi.llb\DateServerUsingReentrantRun.vi

examples\comm\TCP.llb\Multiple Connections - Server.vi and it's according clients

These implement two ways to have one single server loop handle more than one incoming client request in parallel. The first is better if you have to handle relatively few new connections per minute but with moderate data throughput, the second is better if you have many recurring incoming connections with small amounts of data each time.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,120 Views)

hello rolfk,

Thank you very much for your response!

I will definitely try your advice. Smiley Happy

Best regards,

Dennis

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3