LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data logging in spreadsheet

Hello. I wrote labview program for storing temperature and voltage data in spreadsheet with date and time. But i am getting repetation of the same values in the spreadsheet .Please find the attachment. Can any one help me?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,575 Views)

Based on my quick look that is the least of your issues.  You are only writing the file after the loop is stopped because the write file code is outside of the loop.  So it would be better to log inside the loop in case you were to crash or power failure then you won't loose your data.

You are passing your, "current data 2"into the delimiter input of write spreadsheet file.  This is bad!

You are not controlling flow on which write spreadsheet file will write first.  Race condition.

You don't need to add a delay in a timed loop.  That is the purpose of a timed loop to set the rate without adding a delay.  You actually have three delay statements inside of the loop.

No error handling

Attached is my attempt to fix your code.

Matt

Matthew Fitzsimons

Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW 6.1 ... 2013, LVOOP, GOOP, TestStand, DAQ, and Vison
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,552 Views)

Thank you very much for your help

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,540 Views)

Hope it helps you get your project done.  Let me know if you need anything else.

Matthew Fitzsimons

Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW 6.1 ... 2013, LVOOP, GOOP, TestStand, DAQ, and Vison
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,538 Views)

Thanks for ur help . Do u know how to calculate speed using square wave. Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,525 Views)

Thanks for ur help and the program which u attached is wrong well but i am not getting time and date in the spreadsheet. I made couple of change and can u please check which went wrong. Please check attachment.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,522 Views)

thanks its working now. Thank you very much.Do u know how to calculate speed by using square wave pulse calculation

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,517 Views)

Please find attachment . I am planning to find the speed of analog tacho generator. Can u please find where i went wrong. Thank u

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,510 Views)