From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data input from Olympus thickness measuring instrument

Welcome onboard. Knock when stuck.....
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(847 Views)

GerdW wrote:

Hi muks,

even when Olympus is the manufacturer of the device it isn't a CAMERA. It's "an advanced nondestructive ultrasonic thickness gage" - just google for it.

So IMAQ/Vision might not be the perfect way to go here... What Fabian needs is more like a "standard" device driver like for DMMs or oscilloscopes, hence my suggestions to contact the manufacturer's support team!

So just the measurement values are to be got from the com port and do simple manupulation. That shouldnt be hard but gerd has suggested above we would highly recommend you to get as much tech details as possible. We can chip in then......

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(846 Views)

From user manual

Data logger and RS-232: The 37DL PLUS
identifies, stores, recalls, clears, and transmits
thickness readings, waveform images,
and gage configuration information through
the RS-232 serial port. The baud rate, word
length, stop bits, and parity are adjustable
from the keypad.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(842 Views)
yes, i´ve seen this too. i just don´t know, if this transmitted data will fit into LabVIEW. but i´ll ask the olympus support
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(801 Views)
As we have already suggested get the data format and interface details clearly from them.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(788 Views)

at the moment it looks like i will go another way to build the scanner without labview.

but thanks to you all for support! i´ll use labview in another application in the future for sure and i´m happy that one can find good response here in the conference

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(772 Views)

Digital Thickness Tester, to determine the thickness of various woven and knitted fabrics under a certain pressure. Digital Thickness Tester complies with ISO5084, ISO9073, ISO9863, etc. 

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(415 Views)