From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data acquisition from an oscilloscope

Hey John,

just to add what the other said: When looking for a certain node you have in front of your but don't know, you can always use context help (Ctrl+H), hovering your mouse over it. You can also make a right-click on that node and select help. Apart from that, you can also always Right-click»Visible»Label, which then shows the name of the node, by default. The functions palette has a search bar on top, as well has the main window of LabVIEW. This can help to locate this node on the Functions Palette. Also, there is Quick Drop, open it via Ctrl+Space.

Might help a bit.

Ingo – LabVIEW 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, NXG 2.0, 2.1, 3.0
CLADMSD
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(553 Views)

Hi Gregory,

I have one problem with vi tree. I want to generate graph battery charging for voltage vs time for a long time period( 5-6 hours). As per oscilloscope limitation we can just get graph up to 12-15 min. So I try to interface oscilloscope with labview and try to measure data from oscilloscope and write data in xls or txt file. But problem is that when my oscilloscope only run for 10 sec but in txt file its show the data more than 10 sec. I attached vi file of program here. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(451 Views)

Hi Jaydip1177,

You are using a while loop for continuos waveform acquisition from oscilloscope which you did not wire any logic to stop after 10 seconds.So the best approach is to monitor the timestamp as well in your while loop and check if the time elapsed is more than 10 seconds and stop the while loop.

Above all ,please understand that Waveform data is actually a cluster datatype which contains an array of values acquired from oscilloscope along with starting timestamp(t0) and time difference (delta T).If your intention is to acquire and log all the values to spreadsheet then obviously you will get more values for each while loop iteration.

If you want an average of all the values per iteration and log to spread sheet then you need to use respective function for that operation.

Also i think it is a good programming practice to add 100 msec delay in while loop for obvious reasons.

Regards,
Srikrishna

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(443 Views)