LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data acquisition from a web portal.

Hello,

I'm planning to acquire data from a web portal to LabView to create a some mathematical calculations and produce some graph. I don't know which function to be used to acquire data. The portal is password protected. Can anyone help me out.

Kind Regards

Amal  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,940 Views)

I am unsure if I understand the application correctly, Amal.

Do you mean having a system with some hardware that is acquiring data and controlling it from the web from a secured site?

If that's the case, I have used SystemLink Cloud for that purpose, where I will have a WebVI (built from LabVIEW NXG) hosted under a password in the SystemLink Cloud server, and control a device using the SystemLink Messages API.

Good luck in your project,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,876 Views)

Hello Oscar,

Sorry, I think you have been confused.

Actually i have some sensors that is been sending live measurement to a web portal which is password protected. I need to access that data using LabView and create a Labview control panel. 

So is there any functions in LabView that i can used to acquire data from that portal.

Thank you  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,851 Views)

Thanks for the clarification, Amal.

I believe you could explore the HTTP VIs, which allow you to send HTTP requests to a web service (or website). You can potentially send the credentials using the POST method and retrieve the information back by parsing the HTML response.

All the best,

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,831 Views)