LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data acquisition from Agilent 34980 ploting and saving in excel file

Hello,

I m using Labview 2011. On my office computer I have 3 applications controlling 3 Agilents 34980 (temperature measurement) and 2 others controlling 2 Yokogawa Wattmeters (measuring power consumption). Each application is working for one test. So on my computer I do 5 tests simultaneously.

My issue is that : after 24 hours of acquisition, with one or more of these applications, i got a time delay between the host computer and my Agilent 34980A. I mean that time of the last data ploted and saved in my file is less than the current time of the computer. After 24 four hours of acquisition, i do have a file of only 16 hours acquisition and the last datas saved are not the same that current datas (temperature) in the test room. It seems like at a certain moment my Agilent memory is

is there someone here who knows what's going on?

thanks for help

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 19
(4,100 Views)

What is the reason you use different applications for the different Agilent devices? I would use a single application for simplicity. What is the used interface?

It would be much easier to help if you post your VI(s).

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 19
(4,082 Views)

Something is clearly very wrong with your Hardware of your Software.  We cannot examine your Hardware (unless you ship it to us, which doesn't make a lot of sense).  We also cannot examine your Software unless you show it to us.  Please attach a Shippet of the code in question, or attach the actual VIs (or a compressed file of the Folder holding the entire Project),  Send something we can open in LabVIEW and potentially run ourselves.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 19
(4,070 Views)

I use different applications only because I have different test using different agilent divices at the same time.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 19
(4,038 Views)

If you use them always at the same time, you could have a single application. From a single application you can initialize different task for any device any time. Just a matter of a good state machine...

Anyway, in principle it should not be a problem to use several VIs at the same time parallel. But if you want to get help, you need to help us first: attach your VIs, and give more details about your setup. We still do not know for example the used interfaces (GPIB, RS232, etc...)?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 19
(4,033 Views)

I cannot send the entire projetc simply because it's heavy. I send you the main VIs which is sufficient to help you understand the purpose of the application. I remind you that my test can run one week non stop with a measurement scanning and file writing rate of 10 sec (requirement of the test): each ten seconds I read around 30 channels on one device, i do some arrangement and scaling with linear function, plot the result and save datas in my file...I have tab visualisation where the user can see the direct value, the scaling function and the result,...This application is flexible: the channels to scan and their affectation on my test bench are variables.

I insist to say that my problem is not predicatable...I don't know why i got the delay. Datas I got from my device are timestamped (interval of 10 seconds) and the device scans autmaticaly whenafter i send him a "initiate" command. Then I read the memory of the device each ten seconds with my while loop.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 19
(4,028 Views)

My devices can be controlled through GPIB and Ethernet interface

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 19
(4,025 Views)

We could also get this info from the manual 😄

The question is: what do YOU use?

And you still did not provide any VI... Did you understand what me and Bob Schor wrote?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 19
(4,009 Views)

I sent you VIs in my previous message and answered your question also. I use Ethernet and GPIB, the application is made to accept both. The number of applications running the same time depend on the need of production and is variable. If you didn't get Vis, i attache them again.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 19
(4,000 Views)

sorry, for some reason, I did not see that post with the attachments before. I will have a look at the VIs.

edit:

I had a look at your "BETHY.vi". This is a real monster, you have built a huge spagetti here. It is almost impossible to see/understand what is going on in such code...

I even could not figure out how you produce the time stamps. The time stamps coming from the HW or you produce it in your code? Just a guess, since this is a big spagetti, but I could imagine some synchronisation/timing problem causing it... 

By the way, do you use a project to include your VIs? If not, you should also use a LabVIEW project to get some order...And I would recommend to clean up this mess, you could try to revise some parts and put other parts into subVIs. I can see several potential places to make things simpler...

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 19
(3,996 Views)